img { max-width: 900px; width: expression(this.width > 600 ? 600: true); } .subtitle{ font-family:Trebuchet MS',Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; font-size:15px; color:$dateHeaderColor; line-height:20px; }

Port Information for Naples, Italy

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The port for Naples, is pretty much right in town. HOWEVER, Naples is, well, dirty, scary and not the kind of place you just want to wander around in. That may offend some Italians, but most people will agree with me. I have been to Naples, five times, so I speak from experience. It is easy to walk from the cruise terminal to where the Ferries for Capri leave, and you can buy your overpriced tickets there. Be warned though, the people working in these ticket booths are not nice. 

Pompeii is accessible by train, but it's a long walk to the train station, and again, if you're not very comfortable in uncomfortable environments, then I would book a tour from the boat. It's easy, very easy to get lost in Naples if you get off at the wrong train station. I am sure that many people, including myself, have walked around Naples and have been fine, but even I have been approached for nefarious means and it's not fun. Just be safe and take a tour. That being said, you were with a large group of people and want to walk to a cafe someone, then you'd probably be okay. Naples has a high crime rate, and frankly, I have never met a warm and friendly Naples local. 

I haven't written a blog post about Naples yet, but I will soon, with pictures, I hope this helps for now. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to leave a comment, it is not necessary to sign in. You may post as "Anonymous" (With the drop down menu below the posting box) and write your name in the posting if you'd like. Blogger has these settings as default to help prevent Spam. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP