img { max-width: 900px; width: expression(this.width > 600 ? 600: true); } .subtitle{ font-family:Trebuchet MS',Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; font-size:15px; color:$dateHeaderColor; line-height:20px; }

Phu My Port Information

Monday, November 16, 2009

A lot of people are asking about the port information for Phu My, Vietnam, so I thought I'd give a little bit of advice here. Phu My, is a long, long ways from Saigon. It can take about 2 to 3 hours to get to Saigon, depending on traffic. There is nothing at the Phu My port, except industrial buildings and work. You can not walk from Phu My to anywhere. For those of you on a cruise ship, Phu My is not a tender port. There is plenty of room for the ships to dock along the pier.



Phu My Port in Vietnam

Depending on how you get to Phu My (as in a cruise ship), there will be some taxi's waiting outside of the port. It is NOT a good idea to take them, as they can be unsafe if the cab drivers start fighting amongst themselves. Apparently, there is an issue with controlled "teams" of drivers (read between the lines).  There are some small, run-down and dirty towns that are about 30 minutes from Phu My, but it is not suggested that you go to those areas either, especially if you're picky. If you're on your own, either pre-hire a tour guide to pick you up at the port (on the internet, before you get there), or take a tour from the ship (if you're on a cruise).

Phu My Port in Vietnam

Be prepared for a long bus ride to Saigon, and a long, tiring day. Saigon is hot, humid and hectic. I have spent time in Saigon and have been through Phu My more than once. I hope that helps, and feel free to ask me any questions.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you'd like to leave a comment, it is not necessary to sign in. You may post as "Anonymous" (With the drop down menu below the posting box) and write your name in the posting if you'd like. Blogger has these settings as default to help prevent Spam. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP